Call for volunteers to join a DAO to help launch Aragon Court

As we march towards launching Aragon Court before the end of the year, kicking off Aragon Network’s launch (see launch process here), there is a need for a trusted entity that will finalize the deployment of Aragon Court and will govern it before its governance are transitioned to the Aragon Network DAO on phase 3.

Even though Aragon One will be coordinating the launch of Aragon Court, I deeply believe that Aragon One shouldn’t be in full control of the launch nor be the governors of the court until phase 3 launches.

This is a call for trusted community members to step up and help launch Aragon Court. I expect the time commitment for DAO members to be less than 20 hours total throughout the 3-6 months the full launch takes. There shouldn’t be any technical work involved other than verifying what vote proposers in the DAO are actually proposing at the smart contract level and voting in favor or against.

As de-facto launch coordinators, Aragon One will be deciding the initial member set of this DAO. In order to reduce governance overhead, we are targeting to have a DAO with 5 members. Aragon One will take no more than two member seats in the initial membership of the DAO.

Aragon One will be submitting an AGP for ANV5 in which we will ask ANT holders to ratify this DAO’s authority as the temporary controller of the ANJ token contract. Making the ANJ address part of the AGP as well, we will attempt to have the Network signal the fact that a particular token contract is the official ANJ instance, making it safe for people to stake their ANT for ANJ.

The consequences of a majority of keys in this DAO being compromised would be really really bad, potentially allowing theft of funds. We won’t be asking people to disclose their key management strategy’s (bad opsec, never tell anyone!), but we will lean towards people that we believe can manage secure keys.

I offer myself to be one of the members of this DAO using the same key that I use in the Aragon Association multisig: 0xF0a5486944d315e05dD24A3c106B95d12A105650

If you are interested in being part of this historical launch, please post your address below and pitch yourself a little. On Nov 25th (a little less than 3 weeks from now), I will publish the address of the DAO here in which the selected members will already be in.

Beyond excited,
Jorge :eagle:

11 Likes

I would be honoured to be part of the Aragon Network DAO!

I remember reading about the Aragon Network back in 2017 and it seemed like science fiction. Being part of the organisation that brings it to life would be amazing.

Pitch

• I am a long-standing community member
  • I am a member of other DAOs in the ecosystem
  • I am a technically adept crypto user and understand proper key management

0x75b98710d5995ab9992f02492b7568b43133161d

6 Likes

Super excited to see this coming! As one of the main contributors of the project I propose myself to be part of the governor DAO :slight_smile:

0xd5931f0a36FE76845a5330f6D0cd7a378401e34d

5 Likes

I’ve been watching Aragon from afar ever since the whitepaper. More recently, I’ve been running a ~40 person DAO and actually using the technology day-to-day. I am consistently blown away by the depth and quality of the product — and am excited to support this next evolution.

I am highly technical (lead engineering teams), am a trusted entity (work at Coinbase), and have been practicing strong key management habits for 5+ years. I’d be honored to be a part of this next stage of the Aragon journey.

0x1A6e5103D732d9F636D5B283aCB8A8a53c3bd3fD

8 Likes

If I can use my DAO to participate in this DAO, I’m in!

Here’s my DAO’s Agent app address: 0xe4e6ca4c305dd10a9ac243135f818f3de7e7781d

4 Likes

I’m finding myself in a niche where I could help Aragon to expand its community by creating awareness about Aragon products & services. Participating in this early stage of the Aragon Court Juring will allow me not only to learn-by-doing about this new and key service so I can transfer then such a knowledge, as well as giving the network feedback from a user perspective.
Here my address:
0x6543c99d0e073c140Fd08A741c6cfdcd1449da94

Definitely sign me up.

I have been doing everything I can to push the DAO ecosystem forward… I was part of Slock.it and Community manager of The DAO, and co-founded the White Hat Group, which secured the at-risk funds (10% of the total supply of ETH) during TheDAO hack and rescued $210 million dollars worth of crypto assets following the Parity Multisig Hack one year later. We also Audited MakerDAO and Aragon’s original deployment.

I have been leading the Giveth community for the last few years which led me to start the Aragon DAC, a short lived Flock team. The Aragon DAC transitioned into the Commons Stack, which is where I spend most of my hours, I hope the Commons Stack will bring in a new era of Computer Aided Governance and robust token engineering practices that will catapult the DAO space forward.

I am very much in love with dozens of other projects, most notably DAppNode, iden3, ETHSignals, and brightID all of which I have supported since their inception and continue to support in an advisory capacity. I also just noticed they all have some really interesting capitalization preferences. :smiley:

Side note… I have also run a Burning Man camp for the last 3 years… DECENTRAL. It has been collecting all of its funds on chain and last year was able to decentralize into 2 camps… DOGECENTRAL brought a giant DOGE art car to the playa last year. This will always be my top priority (I firmly believe that the crypto space and burner space have a lot of magical overlap and can learn a lot from each other) but I always make sure our camp has internet on playa so I can still sign transactions if need be :wink:

So yeah… PICK ME!

0x839395e20bbB182fa440d08F850E6c7A8f6F0780

4 Likes

I’d also love to be involved in this, for the following reasons:

1. Running operations at the AA, I also spend a long time dealing with Aragon’s legal matters. I’m keen to see how Aragon Court may help the Association, and specifically to help decentralise it.

2. I have a decent amount of experience dealing with lots of legal contracts and agreements in the past, from employment contracts, contractor agreements, share purchase agreements, share option schemes, merger & JV agreements, general partnership agreements, commercial arbitration cases, transfer of asset agreements, liquidation agreements, terms of service contracts and privacy policy contracts. I’ve also spent a long time learning about various regulations covering corporate law, tax law and employment law - mostly focused on UK and EU legal frameworks. Whilst these may not be directly relevant for immediate Aragon Court arbitration matters, there may be some useful parallels to draw.

3. I have so many ideas for Aragon Court. I have so many questions about Aragon Court. This will be a nice opportunity to learn more and share my thoughts at the same time.

4. I’m interested in eventually building a more substantial set of commercial bylaws for the Aragon jurisdiction, perhaps drawing inspiration from existing frameworks such as the The Companies Act 2006. Something like this may be a good starting point on which to then iterate and customise for the Aragon legal jurisdiction.

Happy to contribute :rocket:

0x6b817156A65615F01949EaE47CC66f2a1f2F2e7D

2 Likes

Sorry for the late interest but I’d love to join in on this as well!

Pitch:

1. I’ve been heavily involved in the Aragon community for about two years now, and spend my time thinking about these problems full time with Autark.
  2. These sort of experiments on the periphery of what we can do with this technology and how to do it are a major part of my core drive as a person.
  3. I know how to keep a key secure.

Here’s the address I would be using.
0x1402dD814Dd7e165D285A5e4135b3A89e9C5770F

1 Like

Been away from blockchain development for some time. Earning autonomous vehicle transportation certifications and more, but was very interested in Aragon very early on - and also e-stonia residency and the spectacular blockchain technology surrounding that project.

I wanted to let blockchain mature a bit - and also learn some new things. The court module is a very interesting solution for isolated blockchain arbitrage. Trying to wrap my head around the full legal implications here - like what constitutes practicing law without a licenses and things of that nature, but all in all - it could potentially create a new paradigm in the legal industry. To be honest I haven’t spent but the last couple days back in the blockchain world, through my other research I have grown fond of the speed of cloud computing and all the tools available from cloud providers- which leads me to the question and comment I have shared below. Who would be the best person to discuss this with?

Azure IoT Workbench + Aragon