Aragon Outreach

I am unfortunately not in a position to organize an Aragon event, only able to discuss what and how we could make some great things happen.

Indeed, the CFDAO seems like a perfect fit to fund such outreach projects and indeed if this gets big enough an EventsDAO could be a great option.

Ok cool. So then Iā€™d imagine youā€™re someone who would like to attend Aragon related events such as meetups, hackathons, and presentations? If so, what types of small events would be of the most interest and why?

Iā€™m simply someone who wants to see Aragon succeed, and votes accordingly.

I would like to see a diverse set of events in a diverse set of geographical locations organized by a diverse set of people. We probably canā€™t get all this in one go but thatā€™s what Iā€™d eventually like to see happen.

Why isnā€™t this happening already could be an interesting question. Another one could be why are we not seeing content in other languages but English today? The forum should probably have a section for other languages, and a moderator for each (toā€¦ moderate and to relay to the English speaking community the insights of those conversations, and vice-versa). If we donā€™t have much interest for this right now, it doesnā€™t necessarily mean that itā€™s not useful; it might mean that weā€™re in an echo chamber though.

1 Like

If thereā€™s a specific event in a specific place that comes to mind, please circle back to share :slight_smile:

Agree that it would be great to make the Aragon community as welcoming as possible to as many people as possible. Is there a specific language that you would like to see represented? Also, is there a translation engine/service you would recommend for the website, forum, or other Aragon related things?

I think an Aragon Ambassador program would work very well, or an EventsDAO as @burrrata was pointing out

3 Likes

We have an ambassador program?

We do not, but I think we should

2 Likes

This sounds cool and potentially much higher leverage than a conference in any case. Do you know of any other similar programs in the crypto or OSS space?

3 Likes

I think most blockchain projects have some kind of ā€œambassadorā€ program, but the actual scope of these programs varies widely. Would be great to identify 2 or 3 really good ones and learn from them :slight_smile:

1 Like

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hey @Amazongirl!

Awesome to have an early ANT holder joining the discussion!

It seems like you are off-topic with this answer and it should probably be moved in its own new thread :wink:

Iā€™d be curious to hear what social mining could look like in Aragon according to you :thinking:

Cheers!

2 Likes

Hi Louis. Ohā€¦K. Just trying to be low-key here since Iā€™m new to the forum. :smiley:

1 Like

Hey @Amazongirl,

Its totally fine :slight_smile: It takes some time for community members to get up to speed. The learing curve in Aragon is pretty steep!

If you have questions or ideas to share -which arenā€™t tightly related to an existing thread- I encourage you to create a new one. It might be valuable to others as well.

I was curious myself about the social mining idea you came up with.

If you have more spontaneous questions or contributions, please jump in the Arachat.

Cheers!

Somewhat relevant to this topic, on the MockingBird Incubator thread there seems to be interest in ā€œAragon Community Hubs.ā€ Perhaps meetups could be a good way to start to get the temperature of various communities interest in Aragon. Then if thereā€™s strong demand we could create workshops. Then, maybe, if thereā€™s a lot of demand and incubator would make sense?

2 Likes

Also relevant is thinking about how to optimize the ā€œcontributor experience.ā€

• How fast can we go from 0 => engaged?
  • How easy is it to create changes you want to see?
  • What aspects of the community do we want to be super easy to engage with and what do we want to have a more stringent onboarding process for?

This post explores one personā€™s journey through those with DAOStack and Decred. Would be cool for a CFDAO project to map the user journey from hearing about Aragon to actually getting engaged and contributing.

Also relevant to outreach initiatives is making it easier for people we do reach to stay engaged. Digging through the forum takes lots of time. An ā€œAragon Digestā€ newsletter (similar to the Decred Politeia Digest) that summarizes exciting forum conversations on a weekly/monthly basis might be helpful.

1 Like

I think there should be a repository which anybody could access. It contains Aragonā€™s logo, artwork, slides used in previous presentations, and approved content. There should also be a few prepared speeches which could be freely reused, with credit given to the original author if needed. People could slightly modify these speeches or regurgitate them verbatim. We donā€™t want to make it difficult and time-consuming for people to share the Aragon mission.

That way, any interested person could host a local gathering and share information about Aragon, or they could make a more formal presentation/speech. Whatever their approach, informal or formal, intimate gathering or a presentation on stage, these people would be able to find all the content they need in the Aragon repository.

Here is an example of a repository for a crypto project:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Yr2VMh1868HKUa3Xj-LEPntYEXP2DIhI?usp=sharing

The Design and Media sections of the Aragon Wiki might be of interest.

Also agree that it would be helpful to have a more consistent messaging around the brand and platform.

Regarding all the stuff in the shared Google Drive folder: there are many Aragon working groups and/or DAOs that have similar data stores for data relevant to their scope. The NestDAO performs DD on projects funded, the StrategyWG builds partnerships between the network and external parties, and the Wiki has generic public data. Some of this data can be shared, some cannot. Weā€™re working to make it more clear what working groups are active, the scope of their efforts, and how to contribute. If you wanted to lead the charge on organizing data related to sales and consulting work that would be awesome. Then it would be easy for teams to start doing sales and consultant related work, esp the ideas presented in this thread.

• Note: to lead the charge on organizing data for independent sales and consultant DAOs to emerge one would need to create a WG (probably ā€œSalesWGā€ or something), create a Notion page and Keybase team, then go talk to all the Aragon teams to understand their products, get marketing material for those products, organize that data into reports and presentations, share those reports and presentations with the WG and/or Aragon community, then use that to build a ConsultantDAO that reaches out to potential clients to get them to pay you to help them setup Aragon DAOs.
  • This is kind of like making the material for a ConsultantDAO ā€œopen source,ā€ or at least open for the Aragon community. By doing this more Aragon teams and community members will want to contribute and youā€™ll get better data and more support. Then you can build your own proprietary business on top of that open data layer. Does that make sense?

Iā€™ve downloaded the Notion app. How do I join an Aragon working group so I can see how Notion works?

All the current Aragon working groups are listed in the Aragon Wiki working groups registry. Based on your interest in sales related stuff, the StrategyWG might be a good fit, however, weā€™re in the middle of redesigning that group so it could be a bit confusing to jump into at first. Also, if you wanted to start a new working group around sales, consulting, and outreach Iā€™d be happy to help set that up with you :slight_smile: