Aragon Network Vote #2 Megathread

I gotta say, as weird as this process is, it’s certainly not boring.

6 Likes

Greetings Planet Aragon,

Super excited to propose Edgeware Lockdrop participation - lots of similar values (We focus on on-chain protocol governance) and we’re built on Substrate too.

See the language of the proposal here.

Discuss the proposal and ask any questions about Edgeware in the forum thread.

View the Quantstamp audit of the lockdrop contract in question.

1 Like

Hey doods, basic question. I tend to get lost in all of the Aragon docs. Can someone direct me to something that will tell me how to vote?

1 Like

While we do not have a blog post with the final details for the AGP #2 vote just yet, you can check out the previous one for examples of how you will be able to vote on this round as well.

We’ll have a blog post with the information for this round coming up ahead of the vote as well with exact details pertaining to this round.

1 Like

@alberreman there’s also WIP documentation about voting that will have a permanent home in the wiki:

Specific details about each vote will be published in a blog post as @tatu said but that documentation describes at a high level how voting on AGPs works.

3 Likes

Thanks! I already have an understanding of the AGP process, but I have just never participated in a vote before. I bought my first ANT last night though for the upcoming ballot, so I wanted to make sure to plan ahead :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Cross-posting this here for anyone interested:

1 Like

OP updated with a link to the final details blog post for Aragon Network Vote #2.

Hey everyone,

Here is a very quick recap of the ongoing proposals for ANV#2. Hope this helps a bit synthesize all the information!

4 Likes

Just read this! Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, this meeting wasn’t well attended, and I wasn’t able to record for some reason:

Thank you to @LouisGrx for joining, and asking some great questions. I’d like to try again on Thursday, how about 2 pm UTC?
If anyone is able to help setup a youtube live call, that would be super appreciated.

Meanwhile, here is a brief FAQ format doc I put together comments are open and welcome: Questions Aragon Network Security Partners - HackMD

1 Like

I’m all for security. It’s essential. Everything that ships to end users needs to be audited and secure.

That being said, I don’t have the time/skills/background to ask meaningful question about your proposal (AGP-37). I support ongoing security, but the forum thread, hackmd doc, and proposal don’t say much. You’re communicating to a broader community that doesn’t have domain specific knowledge in the field of contract/application security and a little education/marketing would go a long way.

I’d really like to see more info explaining what exactly you guys do, how that relates to other offerings/services on the market, and why it adds direct value to the Aragon platform beyond the cost of the service. Obviously security good / hacks bad, but how will the services provided by ConsenSys Diligence Inc help Aragon stand out as the market leader in decentralized community/org management? Also, if that info has already been shared elsewhere and I’m just late to the party please share it here! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes… that’s a recurring theme, and seems like a good opportunity to educate the community. I will aim to put something together outlining what we do, and what questions are important for you to ask.

2 Likes

Aragon Network Vote #2 is now over!

Here is a Twitter thread with the final results:

You can also see the results for yourself directly on-chain using the AGP Voting app: https://mainnet.aragon.org/#/governance.aragonproject.eth/0x277bfcf7c2e162cb1ac3e9ae228a3132a75f83d4

A blog post with a more detailed analysis of the final results of the vote will be published in the coming days.

Thank you everyone who participated!

3 Likes

Updated the OP with a link to the final results blog post.

Included in the blog post is a link to a survey that we invite all Aragon community members, voters and non-voters alike, to participate in and help us continue to improve the AGP process: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YPH7DYZ

1 Like

I just published “Aragon Network Vote #2 Review”, welcome thoughts on this but I think most of what could be said has been said :slight_smile: